[spectre] The Future of Memory – the Contemporary in a cul-de-sac

Armin Medosch armin at easynet.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 14:33:36 CET 2015

Dear Inke,

thanks for your feedback. As to your criticism, I hope you know that I
value your work highly exactly because you operate also in that
in-between space. So that would be the first example that comes to my
mind. And surely, there are many other possible examples. However, to
give a complete overview of critical contemporary postmedia practices
was not the idea of this article. This is a type of piece where you go
to an opening in the evening and next day in the morning you write up
your thoughts. Either you do it, or you don't. Bearing in mind that I
actually should do other"proper" work, there was only a limited time
span. Also with regard to other aspects, this piece is quite sketchy and
gives a rather abbreviated account of topics, also on the theoretic side.

However, if there is an interest in republishing this piece in an
extended version, I am happy to do that, especially if there is also a
writers fee. Otherwise I would say, I do not claim that this is in any
way final or, comprehensive but an attenpt at opening a discussion

best regards
Armin

On 2015-02-05 13:47, Inke Arns wrote:
> Dear Armin,
>
> thanks a lot for your article which I enjoyed reading! The point you
are making is very important.

> However, allow me to say the following: I think your argument would
become much stronger (and the basis of your argument would be much
broader) if you would not only refer to your own projects.

> Are there other approaches in this world that would support your
position? I would be interested in getting to know more about them ...