[spectre] Hackers & Designers Summer Academy 2016

James Bryan Graves jamesbryangraves at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 10:55:12 CEST 2016

If you are so smart why are you so poor?

The Hackers & Designers Summer Academy is approaching.
25 July - 5 August 2016, taking place at De PUNT and Waag Society in
Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

… and there are still spots available!

At work.

The program will center around the controversial topic of immaterial
labor, and the effects digital economies have on our current
techno-society, – an on-going discussion at stake in both design/art and
developer practices. H&D engages this year’s summer academy participants
to go into discussion and critically reflect on their
(digital) activities that exist outside/alongside the traditional
wage-based definition of labor. What does it mean for the future of our
practices to contribute to creative commons and open source projects, to
self-initiate, to organize communities, to promote and publish on social
networks, to perpetually generate content, to evolve multiple identities
as bloggers, vloggers, mojo contributors…?

Program

With Dyne <http://dyne.org/> (Freecoin <http://freecoin.ch/>), Hack Your
Future <http://www.hackyourfuture.net/#/>, Technoflesh
<http://www.techno-flash.com/> (Simone Niquille) & Carina Namih
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK3qP-BzLP0>, Nicolas Malevé & Michael
Murtaugh (Constant Association for Art & Media
<http://www.constantvzw.org/site/?lang=en>), Dennis de Bel
<http://www.dennisdebel.nl/test/> & Roel Roscam Abbing, The Rodina
<http://www.therodina.com/> & more!
http://www.roelroscamabbing.nl/

Find more information
on: http://hackersanddesigners.nl/#/HDSA_2016._If_you_are_so_smart_why_are_you_so_poor

—

About Hackers & Designers

H&D believes designers and artists should be empowered with the tools of
the digital realm including coding and hardware usage and construction.
Conversely technologists should be more comfortable and effective in
engaging in creative processes through familiarity with the vocabulary
of designers and artists. All disciplines sho
netbehaviour at netbehaviour.org <mailto:netbehaviour at netbehaviour.org>uld
become more comfortable in theoretical and social discourse, and thus be
asking questions such as not only can we but should we.

http://hackersanddesigners.nl/
https://www.facebook.com/hackersanddesigners/