[spectre] Ràdio Web MACBA most listened podcasts November 2020

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 11:00:22 CET 2020

*Ràdio Web MACBA most listened podcasts October 2020
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en>*

1- Ji Youn Kang:  <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-320-ji-youn-kang>“If
western music sees perfect 5th combination as a very perfect harmony, it is
the opposite in Korean music. You need to have some kind of broken part so
that it is natural.”

Ji Youn Kang <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-320-ji-youn-kang>’s
abstract compositions are infused with her personal blend of Western
experimental sound and Korean ritual music. This hybrid background also
seeps into her live performances, where she explores the primitive and
empowering rhythmic structures of Korean shamanism –often building up from
slow to fast– and noisy sound through an amalgam of handmade analogue
devices, acoustic instruments, and digital signal processing techniques. In
this podcast, Ji talks about Korean ritual music, perfect 5ths and nature,
resonating objects, noise, self-built instruments, uncertainty and tension,
Wave Field Synthesis, and strategies to engage online audiences in
meaningful communication.

*Co-produced by Lighthouse (Brighton). This podcast is part of Re-Imagine
Europe, co-funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union.*

https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-320-ji-youn-kang

2- Walter Mignolo: <https://rwm.macba.cat/es/sonia/sonia-197-walter-mignolo>
"La historia universal es una manera de mantener el control narrativo del
conocimiento. Para nosotros la historia es parte fundamental de la
colonialidad del saber. Las instituciones que están detrás de esto son la
universidad y el Museo también." (only available in Spanish)

Walter Mignolo <https://rwm.macba.cat/es/sonia/sonia-197-walter-mignolo>
talks about the relation between the construction of history and the
perspective of power, as imposed by the West. In this conversation, he also
explores the ways in which art and museums have contributed to the
construction of the colonial matrix, and the strategies that contemporary
theory has come up with to influence this Westernised view of the museum as
a centre of knowledge.

https://rwm.macba.cat/es/sonia/sonia-197-walter-mignolo

3- Jonáš Gruska <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-318-jonas-gruska>: “If
I build it myself I know who to blame when it doesn’t work.”

The slovak musician, sound artist, and maker Jonáš Gruska is a proud
amateur, honouring the French origin of the term (to love what you do).
Curiosity and passion run through pretty much everything that Gruska
engages in. In our conversation ranging from his site-specific sound
installations to his hand-crafted microphones and audio tools, his recent
interest in mycology, and his playful exploration of the electromagnetic
spectrum, Jonáš used the word 'fascination' quite a lot. We talk to Jonáš
about resonating spaces, resonating surfaces, tramways, self-taught
electronic circuitry, field recordings, fermentation, mushrooms, and
unusual microphones.

*This podcast is part of Re-Imagine Europe, co-funded by the Creative
Europe programme of the European Union.*

https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-318-jonas-gruska

4- Germán Labrador:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-260-german-labrador>“La crisis ha
replanteado las necesidades y ha vuelto a poner a los cuerpos con su
insistencia de comer tres veces al día en el centro de la escena cultural.
Y ha habido toda una necesidad de volver a pensar todo esto: qué es el
hambre, qué es la necesidad, qué es una vida digna, qué necesitan los
cuerpos para poder sobrevivir, qué significan los cuidados...” (only
available in Spanish)

In this podcast we talk to Germán Labrador about gastro-politics and
nouvelle cuisine, about cannibalism and the class war, about Land Art,
stone, and subalternity, about tides, poems, ditches, and fetishes, about
imbalance as the basis of all order, and about how barricades and
literature, which are part of the same process, manage to conceive of each
other.
https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-260-german-labrador

5- César Rendueles:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-321-cesar-rendueles> "Defender la
imaginación política tiene que ver con nuestra capacidad de reinventar las
instituciones. Sin lugar a dudas hay instituciones que habría que destruir,
pero hay otras que se pueden reformar radicalmente y que de hecho sabemos
que se puede porque se ha hecho en el pasado." (only available in Spanish)

We talk with César Rendueles
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-321-cesar-rendueles>about the myth of
universal connectivity and technological dystopia. We touch on
necropolitics, necroeconomics, and the importance of social ties in
processes of social change. We go into museums, libraries, and schools to
address the problems of public projects and the potential of egalitarian
socialization and political imagination. We broach life and the market,
work and care, health and business, meritocracy and privileges... to shed
light on our shared fragility and our collective obligation to think about
economics in a different way, accepting that we will never start from
scratch.

https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-321-cesar-rendueles

E/N/J/O/Y !