[spectre] not just an invitation to the hive un-launch

armin at easynet.co.uk armin at easynet.co.uk
Tue Jun 12 09:30:19 CEST 2007

dear andreas

it is strange that you accuse me of 'insinuations". if you had read my
email carefully you would have maybe sensed that exactly that i did not
do. i wrote, it would be "astonishing" if such a thin as list
pre-censorship was the case. i find it astonishing already that other
people think that such a thing could be the case. shu lea assumed that
she was censored. ilze thougtht her email had not gone through for some
filtering reason. and by the time i wrote my email i had not yet seen
Ilze's mail go through, so I could not be quite sure. But I, personally,
actually never _really_ doubted that spectre was an unfiltered list. As
far as i know the policy of this list is that every posting from a human
person, a realy subscriber, which is not spam, does get through. And I
trust your professionalism as well as your list co-hosts that you would
announce a policy change if it happened.

i also know becaus i have moderated lists myself that messages get stuck
for those 4 main reasons that you explained in your previous email. i
was close to mentioning this in my posting, but then dropped it because
i felt i had written too much already. now that you had written that
email to lisa at blinkmedia.org i was even close to sending you a private
email suggesting you make that more clear to all subcribers, in a
message to all, and not just a posting to one person. maybe you should
still do that, it makes a difference.

so, i never believed that you,  andreas, or any other maintainers of the
list,  censored nor was i trying to insinuate that that was the case. i
think spectre is "open". may email was more philosophic about attention
economies on lists. as i wrote in my introduction i do value spectre as
a list where a lot gets announced. but i think think maybe the
discoursive suffers a bit sometimes. and in that announcement space
there are also maybe hidden hierarchies. at the same time i was
opportunistic. i wrote all that only to get attention for hive. and last
not least a discussion about the more narrow topic of list policies is
not what spectre needs now. in short: maybe vform time to time its good
to remind  subscribers of policies or maybe be more discoursive as
hosts

i hope you are getting me? chin chin wherever you are having your
prosecco dry
armin