[spectre] book release - "Besides the Screen: Moving images through distribution, promotion and curation"

Gabriel Menotti gabriel.menotti at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 21:26:24 CET 2015

Dear all,

Excuse me for this short promotional note. I hope it will interest some.

We are glad to announce that the edited volume “Besides the Screen: Moving
Images Through Distribution, Promotion and Curation” is out and can be
purchase through the publisher’s website, as well as other online and
offline bookshops.

http://www.palgrave.com/page/detail/besides-the-screen-virginia-crisp/?sf1=barcode&st1=9781137471017

The book gathers the work of a number of scholars from all over the world.
It derives from a conference series focused on the marginal cinematographic
practices that happen besides the screen, and means to explore their effect
on the experience of the moving image and on the ecology of audiovisual
media.

At the moment, we are organizing new events related to the project both in
the UK and Brazil. The next one is the Piracy in Theory and Practice
conference, to be held at Coventry University in April. In case anyone is
interested in taking part, please check out the Besides the Screen website
at besidesthescreen.com

Best!
Menotti