[spectre] Ràdio Web MACBA most listened podcasts - January - June 2016

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 17:10:22 CEST 2016

*Ràdio Web MACBA most listened podcasts - January - June 2016*

*1- SON[I]A #220. Angela Dimitrakaki. Feat. commissioned music by AGF*Link:
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/angela-dimitrakaki-agf/capsula

Angela Dimitrakaki talks about the new feminist critique, the limits of
democracy, the wiles of post-capitalism, and the ambivalence of the
commons. We also touch on the notions of radical curating and collaborative
practices.

*2- COMPOSING WITH PROCESS
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/composingwithprocess_tag> series. Curated by Mark
Fell and Joe Gilmore*Link <http://rwm.macba.cat/en/composingwithprocess_tag>:
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/composingwithprocess_tag
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/composingwithprocess_tag>

COMPOSING WITH PROCESS <http://rwm.macba.cat/en/composingwithprocess_tag>
is a series, curated by Mark Fell and Joe Gilmore, which explores
generative approaches to composition and performance primarily in the
context of experimental technologies and music practices of the latter part
of the 20th Century. Each episode is accompanied by an additional
programme, entitled EXCLUSIVES <http://rwm.macba.cat/en/exclusives-tag/>,
featuring unpublished sound pieces by leading sound artists working in the
field.

*3- PROBES series. Curated by Chris Cutler
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/probes_tag>*

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/probes_tag

PROBES <http://rwm.macba.cat/en/probes_tag> takes Marshall McLuhan’s
conceptual contrapositions as a starting point to analyse and expose the
search for a new sonic language made urgent after the collapse of tonality
in the twentieth century. The series looks at the many probes and
experiments that were
launched in the last century in search of new musical resources, and a new
aesthetic; for ways to make music adequate to a world transformed by
disorientating technologies.

*4- SON[I]A #223. Abu Ali (only available in Spanish)*
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/abu-ali-toni-serra/capsula

Toni Serra/Abu Ali talks about trance, light, shadows, transitions,
conditions of life and possibility, about seeing and concealing, about
dreaming and unlearning. And about plants, of course.

*5- SON[I]A #201. Georges Didi-Huberman*Link:
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/georges-didi-huberman/capsula

Interview with Georges Didi-Huberman about the problems regarding the way
in which we see and interpret images, a problematic issue that stems from
the definition of what an image is, and from the hierarchy that has
historically been imposed on the dialectic between words and images.

*6- SON[I]A #212. John Chowning *
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/john-chowning-/capsula

John Chowning shares the experience of being a pioneer in a discipline at a
time when using computers to generate music was a leap into the void
between creative eccentricity and scientific adventure.

*7-**SON[I]A #225. Lúa Coderch *
*(only available in Spanish)*Link:
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/lua-coderch/capsula

Lúa Coderch habla sobre fotografías de viajes espaciales, la imitación de
los sonidos del paisaje, el trabajo oculto que subyace en sus imágenes,
diferentes estrategias del engaño y la improvisación refugios en entornos
naturales como posibilidad de encuentro con los otros.

*8- OBJECTHOOD #4. Curated by Roc Jiménez de Cisneros*Link:
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/objecthood4-nabil-ahmed-arie-altena-agf/capsula

The slippery materiality of untraceable objects: from the arsenic poisoning
the wells of Bangladesh as told by Nabil Ahmed, to Arie Altena's account of
the superstition surrounding the Kola Superdeep Borehole in Russia, or the
bizarre biology of the vampire squid from hell in a passage of Vilém
Flusser’s ‘Vampyroteuthis Infernalis’ read by AGF.

*9- SON[I]A # 217. Jordi Ferreiro (only available in Spanish)*
Link:
http://rwm.macba.cat/es/sonia/jordi-ferreiro-situaciones-pedagogicas/capsula

Jordi Ferreiro habla sobre situaciones pedagógicas fuera de lo normativo,
afectos y aprendizaje significativo y sistemas de evaluación experimentales.

*10- SON[I]A # 221. Enric Farrés Duran (only available in Catalan)*
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/ca/sonia/antoni-hervas/capsula
<http://rwm.macba.cat/es/sonia/antoni-hervas/capsula>

Enric Farrés Duran sobre els seus últims projectes, sobre col·leccionar
obsessivament, sobre el valor de l'efímer, sobre l'ús de la mentida com a
estratègia creativa, sobre la relació de complicitat amb els que l'envolten
i sobre altres facetes del seu treball.

*+2 you should not miss!*

*1/ SON[I]A #224. Natalie Jeremijenko*Link:
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/natalie-jeremijenko/capsula

*Natalie Jeremijenko talks about learning by living together, about the
vitality and shortcomings of the environmental struggles of the past, and
about how to imagine our relationships with natural systems from this point
on.*

*2/ MEMORABILIA. COLLECTING SOUNDS WITH... Steve Stapleton (Nurse with
Wound)*

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/memorabilia-steve-stapleton/capsula

The brainchild of Nurse with Wound shares the main features of a collection
that might help us understand the unorthodox nature of his own trajectory,
as influential as it is extensive.

*Enjoy!*