[spectre] Ràdio Web MACBA most listened podcasts - February 2016

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 17:25:36 CET 2016

*Ràdio Web MACBA most listened podcasts - February  2016*
<http://rwm.macba.cat/>

*1- SON[I]A # 217. Antoni Hervás *(only available in Spanish)
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/es/sonia/antoni-hervas/capsula
Antoni Hervás habla de fanzine expandido, de atracos, de su abuela, de
parques temáticos de sirenas, de Hércules, de fotocopias y de entender lo
lúdico como un sistema de resistencia.

*2- FONS ÀUDIO #39. Iván Argote *(only available in Spanish)
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/es/especials/fons-ivan-argote/capsula

Iván Argote es un multifacético artista que, a través de medios como el
video, la fotografía, la escultura, la performance y la instalación,
cuestiona la noción de patrimonio y pone a prueba los acontecimientos que
rigen nuestro contexto social, político e íntimo. En FONS AUDIO #39 Iván
nos habla de la familia como pequeña unidad social, de pilatunas y
carícies, del cambio de escala como herramienta crítica y de los residuos
arqueológicos que llevamos dentro.

*3- COMPOSING WITH PROCESS
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/composingwithprocess_tag> series. Curated by Mark
Fell and Joe Gilmore*Link <http://rwm.macba.cat/en/composingwithprocess_tag>:
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/composingwithprocess_tag
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/composingwithprocess_tag>

COMPOSING WITH PROCESS <http://rwm.macba.cat/en/composingwithprocess_tag>
is a series, curated by Mark Fell and Joe Gilmore, which explores
generative approaches to composition and performance primarily in the
context of experimental technologies and music practices of the latter part
of the 20th Century. Each episode is accompanied by an additional
programme, entitled EXCLUSIVES <http://rwm.macba.cat/en/exclusives-tag/>,
featuring unpublished sound pieces by leading sound artists working in the
field.

*4- SON[I]A # 217. Jordi Ferreiro *(only available in Spanish)
Link:
http://rwm.macba.cat/es/sonia/jordi-ferreiro-situaciones-pedagogicas/capsula

Jordi Ferreiro habla sobre situaciones pedagógicas fuera de lo normativo,
afectos y aprendizaje significativo y sistemas de evaluación experimentales.

* 5. SON[I]A #220. Angela Dimitrakaki. Feat. commissioned music by AGF*Link:
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/angela-dimitrakaki-agf/capsula

Angela Dimitrakaki talks about the new feminist critique, the limits of
democracy, the wiles of post-capitalism, and the ambivalence of the
commons. We also touch on the notions of radical curating and collaborative
practices.

6-* PROBES #17.1. Curated by Chris Cutler*
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes-17-1-chris-cutler/capsula

In PROBES #17, we trace how the gamelan collided with western notions of
music and exotic percussion spread like a virus into every field.

*7- PROBES #16.2. Curated by Chris Cutler*

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes16-2-chris-cutler/capsula

In PROBES #16.2, we wonder how far you can go with banjos, mandolins,
balalaikas, jew’s harps and ensembles of folk instruments. And it’s pretty
far.

*8- OBJECTHOOD #4. Curated by Roc Jiménez de Cisneros*Link:
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/objecthood4-nabil-ahmed-arie-altena-agf/capsula

The slippery materiality of untraceable objects: from the arsenic poisoning
the wells of Bangladesh as told by Nabil Ahmed, to Arie Altena's account of
the superstition surrounding the Kola Superdeep Borehole in Russia, or the
bizarre biology of the vampire squid from hell in a passage of Vilém
Flusser’s ‘Vampyroteuthis Infernalis’ read by AGF.

*9- SON[I]A #201. Georges Didi-Huberman*Link:
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/georges-didi-huberman/capsula

Interview with Georges Didi-Huberman about the problems regarding the way
in which we see and interpret images, a problematic issue that stems from
the definition of what an image is, and from the hierarchy that has
historically been imposed on the dialectic between words and images.

*10- SON[I]A #212. John Chowning *
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/john-chowning-/capsula

John Chowning shares the experience of being a pioneer in a discipline at a
time when using computers to generate music was a leap into the void
between creative eccentricity and scientific adventure.

ENJOY!