[spectre] Open call: 1 second movies

noemata noemata at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 10:25:01 CET 2019

One-Off Moving Image Festival 2019

Open call: 1 second movies

__

We're excited to invite artists and film-makers to participate in this
second edition of One-Off Moving Image Festival! We're looking for 1
SECOND MOVING IMAGES on the theme of humans vs. nature.

All movies will be screened during the festival February 18-24, 2019 in
public spaces in Valencia(ES) and Gol(Norway) in addition to the net.

We're also collaborating with 60Seconds Festival (http://60sec.org) in
Copenhagen(DK) taking place in parallel, to screen a selection of the 1
sec movies mixed with 1 minute movies in Copenhagen, Frederiksberg, Køge
and Helsingør during the festival week.

In addition, all 1 second movies will be included in the next Leap
Second Festival (http://noemata.net/leapsec27), an irregular x-ennale
lasting one second.

Deadline for participation: February 1, 2019.

The movies should be - 1 second short - original material - no credits -
about human vs nature - 4x3 aspect ratio, mp4/gif formats
(web-compatible)

Submission and contact address: one-off at noemata.net
Deadline: February 1, 2019

Be sure to also check out 60Seconds Festival's open call
(http://60sec.org/participate.html) for 1 minute movies!

Theme for the 2019 festival: HUMAN versus NATURE Key words / concepts:
#Natural capital, #environment, #we are nature, #global goals, #climate
change, global warming, #biodiversity.

One-Off invites all artists and video creators to submit their 1 second
videos that explore human interaction with nature and our environment.
Is our species detached completely from being part of nature? Are we
becoming a lethal threat to the natural environment as the dominant
species? What is the value of the Natural Capital?

About One-Off Moving Image festival

One-Off Moving Image Festival is organized by Noemata
(http://noemata.net), collaborating with 60Seconds Festival for call,
theme, movies and screenings, and both festivals run in parallel
February 18-24 (Monday-Sunday) 2019. We'll be sharing the works so the
screenings will be a mix of 1 minute and 1 second movies. One-Off will
focus on virtual screenings using QR-codes, local wifi-hotspots for
people to engage with their smart devices, while 60Secs will make
physical screenings using projectors. We both use public space as
plattform for the screenings.

One-Off is an offspring of the Leap Second Festival, an x-ennale lasting
one second (three former editions 2012, 2015, 2016/2017). Since the leap
seconds are inserted into clock-time irregularly we wanted in addition
to have a yearly festival of one second movies, also to be able to run
in parallel with 60Secs festival. 60Secs on their side has more than ten
years of experience in organizing screenings of short movies in public
(streets, walls, metro).

In autumn 2017 Leap Second Festival and 60Secs collaborated on six
screenings in europe consisting of movies from both, with the practise
of mixing short and ultra-short movies. More info
http://noemata.net/5455). This in turn lead up to the establishment of
the One-Off festival.

Web: http://noemata.net/one-off/
First edition 2018: http://noemata.net/one-off/2018/

Please forward and share the call fb event
(https://www.facebook.com/events/2191230127799591/)

__

One-Off Moving Festival is supported by Arts Council Norway.