[spectre] not just an invitation to the hive un-launch

Erich Berger eb at randomseed.org
Tue Jun 12 12:21:53 CEST 2007

hello,

> messages only get trashed (again, automatically) if:
> - they come from an address that is not subscribed
> - they contain attachments
> - they use formating, marked up links, etc., which the spam filter recognises
> as
> spam (see note below)
> - they have a volume of more than 40 K.

there is another case where the message does not get through
or needs the permission of the moderators:
when you use bcc for mass mailing convenience.

i also was once questioning what happened that my mail did not
get through until i found out that this was the case because
of using the bcc field.

best

erich